Saturday, May 17, 2008

*Dusts off*

So, somehow it has become mid-2008. I have no idea how that happened. Time is so sneaky.

Anyway, I am going to try to resurect this blog, as I've been knitting more recently after a vague hiatus where I did very little. After finishing the giant fish blanket (see here) I got into a weird state of not being able to commit to projects. I did odd things, none of which are particularly memorable. I started another big blanket project with the aim of giving it to my sister for when she started university back in September, but it was so hard to keep going just doing giant plain stockingette squares, and so lies languishing in a bag under my bed.

So I dithered for a bit. I made a couple of odd socks.

Today however I finished a second sock. I have TWO, and they match and everything! This is progress for me. Unfortunately I have mislaid my camera lead and so cannot upload photographic evidence of this moment, but seriously: there are two and they are the same size and colour.

I am spending a somewhat dorky evening alonesome because my boyfriend is cramming for upcoming finals and my flatmate is off doing exciting things. So I started another sock. Again, no photographic evidence, but a link: Stranded Socks. Mine will be in a pink colourway.

It occurs to me that I do actually have photographs of previously unseen projects, so can break up the text a little.

Now, I have to prefix this by saying that I normally hate animals in clothing. I did not knit my cat a jumper because I've always wanted to see a cat in a jumper. My cat, Sheeba, had a thyroid problem which meant that she always felt cold. Because of this she would always sit right next to radiators and we'd worry she would burn herself. So I made up a pattern for a cat jumper. I knit a couple of them, most of which were larger than this first one, but I think this was the only one we photographed.



She doesn't look too impressed in this picture, but she did wear them and it did seem to help. Sadly Sheeba died over Easter, but she was 17 and had a very good run.

On that note I think I shall leave it, but I shall hopefully be back with photos and knitting soon enough. In the meantime, I am hailebop on ravelry if anyone wants to add me.

Ona

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home