Tuesday, September 26, 2006

My so-called scarf, happy coloured socks

I used to be good at project monogamy. I knitted scarves and hats that took relatively little time and waited until I had finished one project before I thought about the next. With the acquiring of new skills, more knitting needles and a greater sense of adventure though, I started on multiple things at the same time. It started off being just a swatch whilst I was mid another project. My problem is that swatches quickly become scarves.

I have one such project on the needles at the moment. It was supposed to just be a swatch. I chose the yarn because it was a colour I didn't particularly like or visualise using in a future project. But as the swatch grew, I decided I really liked the stitch, and decided to just keep on knitting until it was scarf-length. Now I have half an acrylic brioche-stitch salmon scarf and I'm still not convinced by the colour. I was going to post a picture of it, but my camera refused to take a clear picture of it.

Instead we have pictures of other works in progress. NB. This is far from an exhaustive list of WIPs.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My so-called scarf, from here.

I really like this pattern, but it’s been on the needles for ages because I keep being distracted by other things. I am having strange issues with pooling – everything was going well and then the colours started to align into vertical stripes.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Happy coloured slipper sock, based on this pattern. The colours in this photo are really bad, but you get the idea: it’s a brightly coloured striped sock. I still need to weave in the ends, which I hate doing, and make the other one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home