Friday, October 06, 2006

First finished stocking



I finished my first Christmas stocking a few days ago, but it's taken me a while to actually sew it together. This time I actually read the instructions for matress stitch rather than just whinging it, which is always a bad move with sewing.

I'm really pleased with how it came out:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This was my first real fair-isle project, and I think it came out really well.

I designed the patterns myself on Excel, although the red swirl pattern did take inspiration from a pattern in the fair-isle sampler in Knitting for Dummies. I think the snowflake pattern is my favourite.

1 down, 3 to go!

(Yes, this is one more than I originally said - but then I thought about it for a bit and realised I couldn't knit my housemates stockings and not have one for myself. So, three to go!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home